While you work on Taiwanese fishing vessel, you need to know the following information about your rights and interests:
- 1.You should make a contract(s) with the vessel owner/operater and your agent (if any).
- 2.Your monthly wage shall not be lower than 450 US Dollars.
- 3.You will have employer-paid accident insurance, medical insurance and life insurance. Also, the life insurance amount shall not be less than 1 million New Taiwan Dollars.
- 4.The minimum rest hours per day shall be 10 hours. You will also have a minimum of 4 days of rest per month. If your rest days are less than 4 days in a month, you will have compensatory leave(s) as arranged by you and the vessel owner/operator.
- 5.When encountering any labor dispute, mistreatment or physical abuse, you may contact the 24-hour Counseling and Protection Hotline at 1955, or +886-2-8073-3141 for international calls. You may also contact ROC (Taiwan) Embassies and Missions abroad, stationed staff or fisheries observers dispatched by Taiwan Government for assistance.