I. Adjusting the Structure of the Coastal and Offshore Fisheries to Address the Holistic Changes in the Fishery Environment
(1) Adjustment of fisheries labor force: Includes promoting the willingness of local people to work on fishing vessels, adjusting the employment ratio of foreign crews, and regulating the terms and conditions for employing Mainland Chinese crew.
(2) Reviewing the policy of fisheries subsidies: Gradual reduction of fuel subsidies.
(3) Development of diverse fisheries operations: Guide the industry to engage in more diverse businesses such as, tourism, leisure, and recreation, and coupling with the culture of fishing villages, and sightseeing spots, in promoting eco-tourism, and integrating culture, tourism, and leisure into the functions of fishing ports.
II. Intensification of Fisheries Management
(1) Reduction of fishing efforts: Continue implementation of vessel buyback programs, and encouragement of fishing layoffs, etc.
(2) Fishing restrictions and prohibition: Continue establishment of closed fishing seasons and closed fishing areas, to control the total catch of important fish species, and enhance the work of maritime surveillance.
(3) Protection of the environment of important habitats: Carry out reviews on the effectiveness of fisheries resources conservation areas, and make adjustments accordingly.
III. Intensification of Fisheries Resources Conservation
(1) Restocking of fisheries resources: Continue to release fish fry and seeds, and deploy artificial fish reefs.
(2) Enhancement of scientific research: Including the research on endangered and protected marine animals, stock assessments on fisheries resources of economic value, surveys on marine biodiversity, full implementation of catch logbook system, and monitoring of the ecology of marine environments.
IV. Land Restoration and International Cooperation
(1) Incorporating with the program of restoration of national land: Enhancement of integrated coastal management, conservation of marine ecosystem and biodiversity.
(2) Cooperating with neighboring countries in enhancing management on the use of fisheries resources: Including cooperation in enhancing conservation and management of fisheries resources in overlap waters, sharing of fisheries resources in overlap waters and exercising fisheries surveillance and protection of overlap waters.