- Cut crosses on the small mouthed threadfin fish and put it on a piece of kitchen paper to absorb the water.
- Salt the fins (heat insulation).
- Preheat a household oven for 3 minutes.
- Adjust upper heat to 250°C and lower heat to 180°C. Bake both sides of the fish for 3-5 minutes.
- Add lemon pepper salt or seven-spice mixture on top before serving.
Cooking tips: When grilling fish, start at a lower temperature and turn to high temperature for the color.
Chef’s advice for pan-frying and deep-frying fish: Removing water from the fish is a MUST. If you omit this step, the fish will never get crispy!