|Fish Dishes for the Lunar New Year Dinner in the Year of Dragon
1 whole Asian sea bass (about 600 grams)
Crispy fry mix
| Jingdu Sauce –
3 tablespoon tomato sauce,
3 tablespoon white vinegar,
3 tablespoon sugar,
1 tablespoon chili oil,
3 preserved plums,
1 teaspoon lemon juice,
A small amount of salt
- Cube the sea bass and add some salt. Settle for 10 minutes to let the salty taste gets into the fish.
- Add some water to the crispy fry mix to make a batter for wrapping the fish cubes.
- Boil the Jingtu sauce and add some potato starch to thicken it.
- Heat the fryer to about 180°C. Fry the fish cubes for about 5 minutes. Remove cubes from the fryer and place them on a plate. Pour the Jingdu sauce on top before serving.
- Use either tomato sauce of sweet chili sauce for home use.
- You can cook more Jingdu sauce and store in the refrigerator after cooling. It can be store for about 6 months in an absolutely dry bottle.
- Add one teaspoon of vegetable oil and flour to increase the crispiness of the batter.
Chef’s advice for seasoning: Always remove the fish smell before use. Salt the fish and marinate with some potato starch, wine, and hot pepper to effectively remote the fish smell.
Chef’s advice for baking fish: It takes to steps to finish. Always preheat the oven before use. Cook the fish at medium heat to well done. Bake the fish again at high heat to make it golden. Voila, it’s done!