1/2 spring onion bolt,
1/2 tael ginger,
3 bowls fishbone broth,
1 bowl plain congee
|1 teaspoon salt,
1/4 teaspoon white pepper powder,
1 teaspoon rice wine
- Wash the milkfish and remove the skin with a knife. Shred the ginger and chop the spring onions.
- Remove the fishbone with a knife in the middle and sides of the fish. Fillet the meat.
- Wash the rice and marinate in water for 30 minutes. Remove the rice from the water and add to adequate amount of water in the pot with the rice. Cook at medium heat until boiling. Turn to low heat until it turns into congee. Stop cooking.
- Add water, fishbone 2/3 of the shredded ginger, and chopped spring onions in another pot. Cook until it boils at medium heat. Remove the chopped spring onions, fishbone, and shredded ginger and keep the fishbone broth.
- Put the remaining shredded ginger in the fishbone broth. Add the plain congee into the broth.
- Put salt, white pepper and rice wine in the plain congee. Mix well before putting in a bowl.
- Boil a pot of water to scald the fish cubes for about 7 minutes. Remove the cubes and put them inside the congee.
- Add the chopped spring onions top before serving.